I saw a zucchini and tomato “spaghetti” salad recipe that looks similar to the dish in the photo. I wasn’t sure though if Sam would eat raw zucchini so I decided to create a cooked version of zucchini and tomato “spaghetti”.
The peg? Pasta aglio e olio. But there is no pasta in this dish. Instead, the zucchini is shredded into long threads that look like noodles.
This vegan dish takes five minutes to prepare and five minutes to cook.
- Cut off the top of the zucchini. Use a vegetable grater to cut into long threads the size of spaghetti. Sprinkle with salt, toss and leave for a while while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Finely mince the garlic
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges.
- Squeeze the zucchini threads to remove excess water.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the garlic and cook over medium heat for about two minutes or until fragrant and the garlic bits are starting to brown.
- Add the zucchini and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for a minute or two or just until the zucchini starts to soften.
- You may want to drizzle in some lime (or lemon juice) before serving.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.