Modified from the recipe originally published on February 26, 2008.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
For the salad
- 3 cups finely sliced Chinese cabbage leaves (don't include the thick white stalks)
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts rinsed and drained well
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 12 Thai basil thinly sliced
For the dressing
- juice of one lime (lemon is okay too)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
Place the cabbage leaves, julienned carrot, mung bean sprouts, half of the cashew nuts, half of the sesame seeds and half of the Thai basil in a salad bowl.
In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients for the dressing until the sugar is melted.
Drizzle half of the dressing over the vegetables. Toss lightly but thoroughly.
Sprinkle the remaining cashew nuts, sesame seeds and Thai basil on top of the salad. Drizzle in the rest of the dressing.
Serve at once.