Garlic and Egg Fried Rice
The video below shows an alternative procedure for cooking egg and garlic fried rice.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil divided
- 2 whole eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper divided
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice (must not be newly cooked), grains separated
- 1 tiny drizzle sesame seed oil
- sliced scallions to garnish
- toasted sesame seeds to garnish
Set the stove to medium heat. Pour one tablespoon cooking oil in a wok.
Pour in the eggs and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
When the eggs are set around the edges, stir around and, using the edge of the spatula, break into bite-size pieces or smaller.
Scoop out the eggs and set aside.
Pour the remaining tablespoon of cooking oil into the wok.
Over medium-low heat, cook the garlic, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
Add the rice to the garlic. Sprinkle in the remaining salt and pepper. Toss well. Turn up the heat and stir fry the rice until heated through.
Add the eggs to the rice and toss to distribute.
Turn off the heat. Drizzle in a little sesame seed oil and toss a few times.
Optionally, sprinkle the garlic and egg fried rice with sliced scallions and toasted sesame seeds before serving.