Cauliflower and Broccoli “Fried Rice”
Feel free to use a different ratio between the cauliflower and broccoli. You may use equal amounts or you may opt for more broccoli than cauliflower.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 2 and 1/2 cups chopped raw cauliflower
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped raw broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (I used cashew)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (I used equal amounts of black and white)
Heat a wok or frying pan over medium heat. Pour in the sesame seed oil and swirl the pan to coat the bottom completely.
Add the cauliflower, broccoli, onion and thyme to the oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about three minutes.
Drizzle in a tablespoon of water. Cover the pan and allow the vegetable to soften in the steam for three to four minutes.
Uncover the pan. Stir in the garlic and nuts. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking for another minute or two until the mixture is dry.
Taste. Add more salt and pepper, if needed.
Off the heat, toss in the sesame seeds and parsley.
Serve the cauliflower and broccoli "fried rice" while hot.