Crispy Fried Pork With Corn, Tomatoes and Basil
The cook time excludes the pork frying.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 to 5
- 700 grams pork belly cut into strips, seasoned with salt and pepper, dredged in flour and fried until golden with a crisp coating
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion sliced into rings
- 3 tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups corn kernels (if using fresh or frozen, pre-cook in a minimal amount of lightly salted water then drain well)
- 12 large large sweet basil leaves thinly sliced
- leaves from one small sprig of oregano
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan. Add the onion rings and tomatoes cook just until a bit softened.
Add the corn, basil and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, just until heated through.
Add the pork, cook over high heat, tossing often, just until the pork is heated through.
Off the fire, adjust the seasonings, as needed. Serve the crispy fried pork with corn, tomatoes and basil at once.