Arugula and Salted Egg Salad With Ginger Vinaigrette
For best results, make the ginger vinaigrette 15 to 20 minutes ahead to allow the flavors to come together.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- large handful arugula
- 2 to 3 plump and juicy tomatoes
- 2 salted duck eggs
- a few sprigs of cilantro
For the ginger vinaigrette:
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes (available in the spice section of the grocery)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar (or more if you like a sweeter ginger vinaigrette)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Rinse the arugula and dry in the salad spinner.
Halve the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds. Cut the tomato halves into four to six slices.
Peel the salted duck eggs, cut into halves then thinly slice.
Tear the cilantro into smaller pieces.
Make the ginger vinaigrette by mixing together all the ingredients.
Assemble the salad. Toss together the arugula and sliced tomatoes. Divide among three bowls.
Top the salad with slices of salted duck egg.
Drizzle a tablespoonful or two of the ginger vinaigrette over the salad.
Sprinkle in the cilantro.
Serve at once.