A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about how I make my tsokolateng tablea hot drink the modern way. Now, let me tell you how I made incredibly delicious milkshake with tablea. Yes, milkshake.
Tsokolateng tablea (Filipino chocolate) is traditionally prepared as a hot drink. But did you know that tsokolateng tablea makes wonderful milkshakes too?
Unlike commercial milkshakes that look like brown-colored sweetened milk, this milkshake retains the unmistakable bitter-sweet flavor of the chocolate.
- 2 cups milk
- tsokolateng tablea (see notes after the recipe)
- Pour a cup of milk into a mug. Add the tablea.
- Heat the milk in the microwave for a minute. This should moisten and soften the tablea a bit.
- Pour the contents of the mug into the blender, add the other cup of cold milk and about six ice cubes.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy your super rich milkshake.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.