Got leftover rotisserie chicken? Before even thinking about shredding the meat and mixing it with mayo to make an easy sandwich filling, know that with a little more imagination, you can do a lot more with it. You can make a kickass rotisserie chicken salad or you can make three-cheese chicken lasagna roll-ups.
And if there is no leftover rotisserie chicken? Use any cooked and well-seasoned chicken.
Or, if you’re having friends over and you want to cook a real crowd-pleaser with only a fraction of the work, get a couple of cooked rotisserie chicken and use the meat to make a large tray of three-cheese chicken lasagna roll-ups.
Three-cheese Chicken Lasagna Roll-upsPrint Pin
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 cups milk
- 125 grams cream cheese cut into pieces and softened to room temperature
- 4 to 6 cooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Make the white sauce. Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Add the flour, all at once, mixing to remove lumps. Cook over medium heat for three to four minutes.
- Pour the milk in a thin stream, mixing as you pour. Add the cream cheese. Cook the sauce, stirring often, until thickened. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Lay a lasagna noodle flat. Spread shredded rotisserie chicken on the entire surface. Roll up and tuck the end underneath. Repeat until all the lasagna noodles are filled and rolled.
- Spread some of the sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Arrange the rolled lasagna noodles side by side in the baking dish. Pour the white sauce over them.
- Top each rolled lasagna with mozzarella and cheddar.
- Bake the rolled lasagna at 400F for about 20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheeses are melted.
- Serve the three-cheese chicken lasagna roll-ups with buttered toast.