It’s been gray and rainy for about a month now. Monsoon season. I do love the chilly weather, as opposed to the scorching heat of summer, but there are times when I need to warm up. Coffee is always a great choice but Tequila Kahlua coffee is even better.
Yes, I am a coffee person. Tea, too, but not as much as coffee. And I do love to experiment with ways on how to enjoy a cup of this dark aromatic drink. I like it plain, I like it fancy, I like it spiced, I even like it cold sometimes. I like it with chocolate and I like coffee in my dessert too. And, yes, I like to spike my coffee with alcohol occasionally. Like this Tequila Kahlua coffee.
How to make a cup of this warming drink?
I brew my coffee as usual. Then, I measure the spirits that will go into it. It is quite alright to mix them together.
I pour my coffee into a mug.
And add the spirits.
The hot drink is stirred and topped with whipped cream. It’s warming and rich and so good.
Based on a recipe in Mexican Cooking by Jane Milton, Anness Publishing Ltd., 2007.
Tequila Kahlua CoffeePrint Pin
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/8 cup tequila
- 1/8 cup Kahlua
- whipped cream (or just plain cream)
- sugar to taste
- Measure your ground coffee. It’s usually one tablespoonful per cup of water but I suggest you make it a little stronger than usual this time.
- Brew your coffee.
- Pour 3/4 cup of coffee into a cup.
- Add the Kahlua and tequila. Stir.
- Top with whipped cream or just plain cream. Add sugar to taste, stir and enjoy!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.