For the first time in a long time, I remembered not to cook on a Sunday. Speedy’s turn. We had that agreement long ago that Sunday is daddy’s turn to cook day. It’s just that since both girls moved to the condo near their school, Sunday is the day when I cook three to four dishes one after the other, pack them and freeze them until it’s time to drive the girls back to the condo, usually on Sunday evening. This week, however, I’m ahead of schedule. There are enough cooked meals in the freezer so I don’t have to handle a knife nor see a cooking pan until tonight.
So, for lunch today, in deference to Sam’s wish, we had pasta with white sauce. To be more specific — fettuccine with bacon, cream and cheese.
Speedy's bacon, cream and cheese fettuccinePrint Pin
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- While the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a pan. Add the bacon; cook until lightly crisp.
- Add the bell peppers; cook for another minute, stirring often.
- Pour in the cream and add the cheese. Cook, stirring, just until the cheese melts.
- Turn off the heat. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with torn parsley, if you like. Serve with toasted bread.
- Easy, isn’t it?