Slow Cooker Filipino Picadillo Soup
- Place the brisket and soup bones in a large pot. Cover with water. Boil vigorously for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse the meat and bones. Discard the liquid.
- Place the rinsed beef and bones in the slow cooker pot. Cover with water and cook on LOW for six hours.
- Without turning the slow cooker off, scoop out the meat and set aside to cool slightly. Discard the bones.
- Heat the cooking oil in a saute pan. Saute the garlic, chopped onion, tomatoes and bay leaf. Season with patis and pepper.
- Pour into the broth in the slow cooker. Taste the broth and add more patis, as needed.
- Cut the beef into one-inch cubes.
- Add the cubed beef to the broth along with the cubed vegetables.
- Cover the slow cooker and turn on HIGH. Cook the picadillo soup for another two hours or until the beef is ultra tender and the vegetables are done.
- Taste the broth one last time and adjust the seasonings, as needed.
- Sprinkle the slow cooker Filipino picadillo soup with scallions before serving.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.