Skinless Chicken Longganisa
Skinless chicken longganisa mix
- 350 grams ground chicken breast meat
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic - (see notes after the recipe)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 ½ teaspoons rock salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon annatto (atsuwete) powder - or substitute paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons cooking oil - (see notes after the recipe)
To cook and serve
- cooking oil - for frying
- cooked rice
Make the skinless chicken longganisa mix
- Place the ground chicken in a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the mix.
- Stir everything together until the coloring looks even.
Shape the skinless chicken longganisa
- Cut a square piece of cling film and lay flat on your work surface.
- Place about one-fourth cup of the skinless chicken longganisa mix at the center and spread to form a log.
- Lift the edge of the cling film nearest you and cover the chicken mixture.
- Roll into a log as tightly as you can about an inch and a half in diameter. Double check that there are no air pockets in the chicken mixture after rolling.
- Tuck in the sides of the cling film to fully seal the chicken mixture.
- Repeat until all the chicken mixture has been shaped and rolled.
- Chill the skinless chicken longganisa in the fridge for two hours (see notes after the recipe).
Fry the skinless chicken longganisa
- In a frying pan, heat enough cooking oil to reach a depth of at least two inches.
- Take the skinless chicken longganisa out of the fridge and cut each log into three to four portions before peeling off the cling film (see notes after the recipe).
- Fry the chicken longganisa over medium-high heat, rolling the sausages in hot oil for even cooking.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.