The great thing about scrambled eggs is that you can serve the bread on the side or you can split the bread, use the scrambled eggs as a filling and you have a meal on-the-go. This scrambled eggs with Swiss brown mushroom omelet also has chopped tomatoes and onions and minced garlic.
A few tips.
Have all the ingredients ready before you start cooking as this dish cooks really fast.
You can add herbs too but make sure that you don’t overwhelm the flavor of the mushrooms.
For a soft and creamy texture, I added two tablespoonfuls of thick cream to the beaten eggs.
You can serve this delicious scrambled eggs with Swiss brown mushrooms with your bread of choice. I just happened to find some nice English muffins yesterday and… no, actually, I bought different kinds of bread yesterday because I’m familiarizing myself with their textures so I can bake my own version at home. So, I bought English muffins and bagels among other things and, yes, I will be baking my own English muffins and bagels soon. At least, I’ll try.
Scrambled Eggs With Swiss Brown Mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (or use butter)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tomato (seeds removed), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 Swiss brown mushrooms sliced
- 2 eggs beaten with 2 tbsps. of cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley optional
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 English muffins (or your choice of bread), split and toasted
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped tomato, garlic and mushrooms. You may add chopped parsley if you like. Cook, stirring, for about a minute.
- Pour in the egg-cream mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Keep stirring the mixture in the pan so that the eggs fluff up and no crust forms on the bottom. As soon as the eggs are partially set, turn off the heat. Scrambled eggs are best when the mixture is just a bit still runny.
- Fill the bottom halves of the toasted English muffins with the omelet. Top with the upper halves. Serve with sliced onions and tomatoes on the side.