Fast and easy lunch. Boil two diced potatoes. Blanch a hundred and twenty grams of cubed salmon and about eight fresh mushrooms. Toss in garlic lemon sauce. No-fuss delicious lunch for one. Serve with bread or rice, or just by itself.
What cut of salmon? Fillet works best.
What size of potatoes? Rather small so that the number of diced pieces just about equal the number of salmon cubes.
What variety of mushrooms? I used shiitake but you can substitute a variety that you may like better.
Salmon, mushrooms and potatoes in garlic lemon sauce
For the garlic lemon sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 generous pinch finely chopped parsley
- Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside and allow the flavors to develop.
- Boil about four cups of salted water in a pan. Add the potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the salmon cubes.
- After 20 seconds, add the mushroom caps. Boil for 30 seconds then scoop out. Make sure to drain well.
- Toss the potatoes, salmon and mushrooms in the sauce. And your meal for one is ready.