Life is full of surprises, some more welcome than others. You throw a party, a guest brings a friend or two or more, you’ve only prepared dessert for the exact number of invited guests and you find yourself in a spot. What to do? Well, here’s a life and reputation saver — a dessert that can be prepared in minutes for one, more or a lot of unexpected guests. And it’s pure indulgence, I tell you. Just don’t serve it to underage guests.
This beautiful, beautiful dessert was dreamed up by Speedy. My husband is a genius.
It starts with scoops of ice cream.
Kahlua is poured over the ice cream.
How much Kahlua? As much as you like!
Rocky Road Kahlua: Pure Indulgence
- Kahlua coffee liqueur
- Rocky Road ice cream
- You’ll need small glasses.
- Drop a scoop or two of ice cream into each glass.
- Fill the glass with Kahlua.
- Half fill it or fill it to the brim, that’s up to you.
- And that’s it. You serve the Rocky Road Kahlua immediately so that the ice cream is still firm enough to be scooped with a dessert spoon.
Other ice cream flavors that usually go well with coffee (like vanilla, mocha or chocolate) will be great for this dessert. I am not very sure though if a fruit-flavored ice cream will yield good results. You can always try.