Pork, Mushrooms and Green Beans Adobo
- Blanch the sitaw in boiling water for about five minutes. Dump in a bowl of iced water to stop the cooking and to refresh.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan. Add the pork, garlic and bay leaf. Cook just until the meat changes color.
- Pour in the vinegar. Cook, stirring, until the mixture is quite dry (the pork should be fully cooked at this point).
- Pour in the soy sauce.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Season with pepper.
- Cook for about a minute (don’t cook too long or the mushrooms will turn microscopic) then add the cooked sitaw.
- Cook, stirring, just until the sitaw is heated through.
- Serve the pork, mushrooms and green beans adobo hot with rice.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.