Pompano and Green Papaya Soup
- Cut the pompano into three portions.
- Cut off the skin of the green papaya, scrape off the seeds and cut the flesh into two-inch cubes.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pot.
- Saute the ginger, garlic, onion and finger chili until softened and fragrant.
- Pour in about a cup and a half of water and season with fish sauce.
- Add the green papaya and bring to the boil.
- Add the fish and bring to the boil once again.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer for ten minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and boil, uncovered, for about a minute.
- Taste the broth and add more fish sauce, if necessary.
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with toasted garlic bits and finely sliced onion leaves (or fried shallots), if you like.
- Serve at once.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.