The vegetables are cooked in butter, yogurt is poured in to create a creamy sauce then cooked pasta is added and everything is tossed together. The dish is garnished with chopped parsley and toasted nuts. So tasty. I know that Sam loved it because she finished everything in that bowl in a very short time.
The obvious question: what vegetables are ideal for a pasta dish like this? Ones that retain their shape and remain lightly crisp after pan frying. Not leafy vegetables, for sure. I chose zucchini, cauliflower and bell peppers.
Pasta with mixed vegetables and yogurtPrint Pin
- Heat the butter in a pan. Add the bell pepper, zucchini and cauliflower florets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about three minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, for another half a minute.
- Pour in the yogurt. Stir. Taste and add more salt and pepper, as needed.
- When the sauce is simmering, add the cooked pasta. Cook, tossing, until the pasta is heated through and has soaked up the sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and nuts before serving.
If you made this dish using our recipe and would like to publish your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the recipe instructions in your own words.