Yesterday, at the grocery, we were at the juice aisle choosing fruit juices that we could use for mixing cocktail drinks. Speedy got a cranberry juice while I chose passion fruit juice. I think he asked how I would use it, I wasn’t really sure but I put the carton in the cart anyway. Later in the afternoon, I would get a text message that some people were coming over to the house and buying that carton of passion fruit juice turned out to be a very, very good decision.
While waiting for our surprise guests to arrive, I seasoned some chicken thighs that I had been thawing in the fridge then I started browsing for cocktail recipes that we had never mixed before. One caveat, Speedy said, choose only those that we already have ingredients for. In other words, he meant he won’t go back to the grocery for additional supplies.
With his one condition in mind, I started choosing cocktail recipes. The passion fruit mojito was at the top of my list.
Adapted from a recipe in Delish.
- 1 ounce passion fruit juice
- 1/2 ounce white rum
- juice of a quarter of a lime
- club soda
- fresh mint leaves torn
- lime slices to garnish
- Place a couple of ice cubes in a glass.
- Pour the passion fruit juice, rim and lime juice in a shaker. Shake. Pour into the glass.
- Add some mint leaves and a few lime slices. Stir.
- Pour in enough club soda to almost fill the glass. Stir. Serve.