It’s like tiramisu with less coffee taste but with the addition of chocolate with hazelnut undertones (Nutella, what else?).
No baking nor cooking required for this beautiful dessert. It’s ready in 10 minutes but it really benefits from sitting in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up and for the flavors to blend. It’s really hard to resist not digging into the glass as soon as the dessert is assembled but this is one of those instances when patience pays off.
Rich. Indulgent. Glorious. Just the perfect dessert for a Sunday when everyone’s at home to relax, unwind and recharge.
Based on a recipe from Vessy’s Day.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, whip the cream with 6 tbsps. of powdered sugar until double in volume, about four to five minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and mix until blended.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the remaining powdered sugar, milk and Kahlua.
- Dip two biscuits in the milk-Kahlua mixture and position at the bottom of a glass. Top with about two heaping tablespoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture followed by about two tablespoonfuls of Nutella. Or, you can modify the order of the layers but adding the Nutella before the cream cheese mixture. Repeat to make another layer.
- Do the same to fill five more glasses.
- Place the glasses in a covered container and keep in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder before serving.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.