Have you ever found yourself in a situation when you have to serve a good-looking dessert but you have neither the time nor the multitude of ingredients that drop-dead gorgeous desserts often require? There’s a trick—use what you’ve got in your pantry. This no-bake fruit and cheese dessert, made by my daughter, Alex, was made with staples like fresh fruits, cream cheese, cream, sugar, butter and Graham crackers.
Okay, it’s “no-bake”… but, surely, there is some cooking required? No, none at all.
What fruits are good for making this dessert? Whatever you’ve got. Personally, I like fruits with a little tang in them to provide contrast with the sweetness of the Graham crackers and cream cheese mixture. Alex likes bananas and she just loves to pair it with caramel. There are no strict rules here—just let your imagination rule.
No-bake Fruit and Cheese Dessert
- Stir together the crushed Graham crackers, one tablespoon sugar and melted butter.
- Beat the cream cheese with the remaining quarter cup of sugar until fluffy. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Place a teaspoonful of the Graham cracker mixture into glasses.
- Drop in a tablespoonful or two of the cream cheese mixture (a piping bag will do a cleaner job).
- Top the cream cheese mixture with pieces of fresh fruit.
- Repeat the three layers.
- Add a final dollop of cream cheese mixture.
- Optionally, drizzle in salted caramel.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.