- Cut off the root ends of the mushrooms and separate the mushrooms into individual pieces (see notes after the recipe).
- In a sauce pan, boil the vinegar, sugar and salt with half a cup of water until the solids are fully dissolved to make the pickling solution.
- Off the heat but while the pickling solution is still hot, drop in the ginger, garlic, carrot, bell pepper and onion.
- Stir in the mushrooms.
- Cool the mushrooms achara to room temperature.
- Transfer to a jar and keep in the fridge for two days to allow flavors to develop fully.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.