Make the dumplings
- Mix together all the ingredients (except the wonton wrappers) for the dumplings.
- Place half a teaspoonful of filling at the center of a wrapper, gather the edges together and press the edges to seal.
- Repeat until all the wrappers have been filled.
Cook the dumplings
- In a pot, boil the chicken broth, sliced shallots and crushed garlic. Season with patis, as needed, and stir in the pepper. Allow to boil gently for five minutes.
- Drop in the dumplings one by one.
- If there is leftover filling, break up any large clumps and drop into the broth as well.
- When the broth comes to a boil, set the heat to low, cover the pot and cook the dumplings for six to seven minutes (see notes after the recipe).
- Taste the broth, adjust the seasonings then stir in the scallions.
- Ladle your Molo soup into bowls, sprinkle in more scallions and top with fried shallots.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.