Kate Sedgwick in Matador Nights sums up nicely what Cinco de Mayo is about: “Really, it’s an American holiday, and we celebrate it the way we do all holidays with other cultures as their focus (St. Patrick’s Day and Oktoberfest, for example): By getting blind drunk.” And it is from Ms. Sedgwick’s article that Speedy and I got this recipe for México Lindo.
I’m not selling alcohol. I’m not a promoter for Cinco de Mayo either. I admit, however, that I am a huge fan of Mexican food and drinks including this México Lindo which we liked so very much. If you should decide to mix a México Lindo on May 5, just remember that there is so much more to Cinco de Mayo than getting blind drunk.
- 2 shots Tequila (measure with a shot glass)
- juice of one lime or lemon
- 2 generous splashes Blue Curaçao
- Maraschino cherries to garnish
- Half fill a shaker with ice.
- Pour in the Tequila, juice and Blue Curaçao. Shake.
- Pour into a martini glasses garnished with Maraschino cherries.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.