Trust me when I say that this indulgent dessert of Kahlua-drenched brownies with vanilla ice cream is the perfect dessert for a grown-up dinner party.
Having a slice of cake or a piece of brownie with a scoop of ice cream isn’t anything unusual. But drenching chopped brownies in Kahlua, drizzling caramel syrup over them, then sandwiching them between layers of ice cream is a bit out of the ordinary.
The brownies I used were ones I baked last night. Butterscotch brownies with slivered almonds and chocolate fudge brownies with walnuts. You may use store-bought if you like but remember to chill them before cutting.
A few photos to demonstrate just how easy it is to put this dessert together. Cut the brownies then shower them with Kahlua. Scoop ice cream into glasses, add brownies, smother with caramel, top with more ice cream and brownies. And that’s it! Forget dieting and enjoy.
- 2 to 3 butterscotch brownies preferably with lots of nuts, well chilled
- 2 to 3 chocolate fudge brownies preferably with lots of nuts, well chilled
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 4 tablespoons caramel syrup store-bought
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Roughly chop the brownies or cut into small cubes.
- Separate the brownies in two bowls.
- Drizzle one tablespoons of Kahlua over each bowl of brownies. Swirl to make sure that every piece gets a little Kahlua.
- Spoon two to three tablespoonfuls of vanilla ice cream into dessert glasses. Press the ice cream into the bottom to make a good base.
- Divide half of the butterscotch and chocolate fudge brownies between the two dessert glasses.
- Drizzle the caramel over and around the brownies.
- Cover the brownies with more vanilla ice cream.
- Top with the remaining brownies.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.