Made with gelatin dissolved in lychee syrup, this jello shots have gin and lime cordial. The eyeballs are whole lychees stuffed with olive slices. If you want an easy adult Halloween drink that can double as dessert, these jello shots with floating eyeballs are easy to make and creepy to behold.
We’ve never really been big on Halloween and there is only one Halloween recipe in the archive. It’s a cocktail drink called brain hemorrhage. But the funny thing is that we didn’t even have the drink for Halloween. There really was no occasion and we were just having fun. About time we added more Halloween recipes in the blog. Alex is so excited.
The background in the photos, the bird… that’s a large-format photo that Sam used for one of her exhibits. Thank you, Sam. It’s still my favorite photo from that exhibit.
Jello Shots With Floating EyeballsPrint Pin
- 1 box unflavored powdered gelatin red or clear
- red food color if using clear gelatin
- 200 ml lychee syrup (from canned lychees)
- 100 ml gin
- 100 ml lime cordial
- whole lychees
- olive slices
- Pour the gelatin into a bowl. Add the food color too if using clear gelatin.
- Heat the lychee syrup to simmering and pour over the gelatin. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour in the gin and lime cordial, stirring as you pour.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into glasses. If the gelatin solidifies too fast at this point, heat gently in the microwave until pourable.
- Push an olive slice in the natural groove of each lychee. Not too deep. You want the olive to be visible.
- When the gelatin is barely set, carefully drop a lychee into each glass.
- Serve the jello shots with floating eyeballs chilled.
If you made this dish using our recipe and would like to publish your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the recipe instructions in your own words.