- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add the garlic, ginger, shallot, lemongrass, chili and turmeric.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture starts to look pasty (the oil will be absorbed by the other ingredients).
- Add the rice to the pan. Sprinkle in a teaspoon of salt
- Stir and toss over high heat until the rice is heated through and every grain is coated with the spicy yellow paste.
- Taste, add more salt if needed, and toss to blend the flavors.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.