One of the world’s favorite finger foods, fried chicken drumettes can be seasoned in so many ways. The marinade can be anything from kid-friendly Southern-style buttermilk-based mixes to the more exotic coconut curry sauce.
This recipe uses a marinade with the very popular honey-mustard combination spiked with the heat of sambal and given more kick with the addition of garlic and lemon juice. An ideal dish to bring to the picnic.
It is recommended that the chicken marinate at least overnight in the fridge to really give the meat time to soak up all the flavors.
Honey Mustard Fried Chicken DrumettesPrint Pin
- Rinse the chicken drumettes and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients. Taste and make the necessary adjustments to suit you before adding the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the marinade. Mix well. Transfer to a covered container, snap on the lid and keep in the fridge overnight. Twenty-four hours should yield even tastier fried chicken drumettes.
- Drain the chicken.
- Heat enough cooking oil to reach a depth of three inches. Fry the chicken drumettes in batches of six or eight to keep the cooking time short and to achieve optimal results. Fry over medium heat for about three minutes then turn up the heat to high and cook for another minute or two or until golden and crisp outside.
- Serving suggestion: Drizzle mustard, honey and chili sauce on a plate, arrange the fried chicken drumettes, sprinkle with parsley and serve.