Crispy crust, moist meat… these aromatic herbed chicken fillets explode with flavors with every bite. Soak strips of chicken fillets in milk, dredge in bread crumbs and dried herbs, lay on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and broil. Simple and delicious!
Inspired by Elise’s herbed chicken tenders with tomato sauce.
- Holding your knife at a 45-degree angle, cut each chicken thigh fillet into four to five pieces so that you have thin strips. Place the chicken strips in a shallow bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in the milk. Mix. Cover and let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 475F.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick paper. Brush the paper with olive oil.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together bread crumbs, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, parsley flakes, thyme and oregano.
- Dredge each chicken strip in the herb mixture and arrange in a single layer on the lined baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the chicken strips. Roast, broil or bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden.
If you want to serve the herbed chicken fillets with corn and carrot rice, the recipe is below.
- 2 cups rice
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 tiny carrot cubes
- 4 cups chicken broth well seasoned
- Pour all the ingredients in the rice cooker.
- Stir halfway through the cooking to prevent the corn and carrots from floating on top.
- Continue cooking until all the broth has been absorbed.
- The carrots and corn will be done by the time the rice is cooked.