Served as an accompaniment to the fried chicken spring rolls, this herb-and-seed fried rice bursts with the flavor and aroma of basil and thyme. And, with every mouthful, you get a light crunch from the flax, chia and hemp seeds.
Herb-and-seed Fried RicePrint Pin
- 3 cups day-old rice
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 small sprig oregano stripped
- 1/2 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallions
- Crumble the rice to separate the grains.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or frying pan. Lightly brown the garlic over medium heat. Add the basil, thyme and oregano. Cook, stirring, for half a minute.
- Turn up the heat to high. Add the rice. Season with salt and pepper. Stir fry until the rice is heated through.
- Off the heat, add the flax, chia and hemp seeds. Toss to blend well. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Add the scallions, toss a few more times.
- Serve the herb-and-seed fried rice hot. It's great with fried chicken spring rolls.
If you made this dish using our recipe and would like to publish your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the recipe instructions in your own words.