Served as an accompaniment to the fried chicken spring rolls, this herb-and-seed fried rice bursts with the flavor and aroma of basil and thyme. And, with every mouthful, you get a light crunch from the flax, chia and hemp seeds.
Herb-and-seed Fried RicePrint Pin
- Crumble the rice to separate the grains.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or frying pan. Lightly brown the garlic over medium heat. Add the basil, thyme and oregano. Cook, stirring, for half a minute.
- Turn up the heat to high. Add the rice. Season with salt and pepper. Stir fry until the rice is heated through.
- Off the heat, add the flax, chia and hemp seeds. Toss to blend well. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Add the scallions, toss a few more times.
- Serve the herb-and-seed fried rice hot. It's great with fried chicken spring rolls.