If you’re looking for an inexpensive dish that can be served with rice for breakfast, lunch or dinner, look no farther. This tasty hard boiled eggs with chili tomato sauce is a winner.
What is it made of? As the title says, hard boiled eggs and chili tomato sauce. How is it made? Boil the eggs, remove the shells, deep fry then braise in chili tomato sauce. How to make the chili tomato sauce? Easy. Just follow this simple recipe.
Hard boiled eggs with chili tomato sauce
- Pound the lemongrass.
- Peel the garlic.
- Peel and cut the shallots into halves.
- Plunge the tomatoes in boiling water for a few minutes to loosen the skins. Peel off the skins and discard.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree. Add more salt or sugar or both to suit your taste.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok.
- When the oil starts to smoke, add the hard boiled eggs and fry over very high heat until the egg whites are lightly browned in spots and blistered. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Take about two tablespoonfuls of the hot oil and pour into a sauce pan. Reheat then pour in the chili tomato sauce. Cook, stirring, for a few minutes or until very fragrant. Add the eggs. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for a few minutes.
- To serve the eggs, transfer to a plate or shallow bowl. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro. If you’re not a fan of cilantro, try a mixture of finely sliced onion leaves and fresh flat-leaf parsley.