Ham and Cheese Sticks
Garlic-herb mayo dipping sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 clove garlic - grated
- ½ teaspoon chopped herbs - whatever your favorite is; may also be a combination of herbs
- Place the mozzarella, ham, chili and scallions in a container. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss lightly a few times.
- Place a tablespoonful or more of the filling on a spring roll wrapper.
- Fold the corner (or edge if you’re using a round wrapper) of the wrapper nearest you over the filling.
- Take one corner (or edge) on the side and fold it inward. The fold should be where the filling ends. Do the same with the opposite side.
- Brush all the outer edges to really seal the spring rolls as you roll them.
- Start rolling the spring roll away from you, rolling as tightly as you can. Keep on rolling until you reach the edges brushed with egg wash.
- Repeat until all the wrappers are filled and rolled, or until you run out of filling, whichever comes first.
- Heat the cooking oil and fry the spring rolls in batches of four to five just until the wrappers turn golden (see notes after the recipe).
- Drain the spring rolls on paper towels.
- Serve with garlic-herb mayo for dipping.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.