Can 200 grams of ground lamb feed four people? Sure, it can! Combine the ground lamb with tasty ingredients like sun-dried tomatoes, sliced pitted olives, capers and garlic, toss with pasta and squeeze in fresh lemon juice at the last minute. That was what Alex did. I was afraid she didn’t have enough ingredients (we need to go marketing soon) but her creativity won the day. With toast on the side, this ground lamb and sun-dried tomato spaghetti with lemon garlic sauce is meaty but still light enough for a midday summer meal.
What does this pasta dish taste like? Bright and fresh are two words I’d use to describe it. If that’s not illustrative enough for you, consider that it has dill, ground coriander and a generous pinch of cayenne too. That should give you a better idea.
Ground Lamb and Sun-dried Tomato Spaghetti With Lemon Garlic SaucePrint Pin
- about 175 grams of spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 200 grams ground lamb
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- a generous pinch of ground cayenne
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil drained and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted black olives (green is okay too)
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- 1 tablespoon oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- juice of one lemon
- chopped parsley to garnish
- grated Parmesan optional
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water until al dente (see how to al dente cook pasta like a pro).
- While the pasta cooks, heat two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in another pan. Add the ground lamb, garlic, dill, coriander and cayenne to the hot oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the lamb is well browned.
- Meanwhile, drain the spaghetti and toss with the remaining extra virgin olive oil.
- To the lamb in the pan, stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, capers and sun-dried tomato oil. Cook just until heated through. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the lamb. Toss to blend. Squeeze the lemon juice directly over the cooked dish. Toss a few more times.
- Garnish the ground lamb and sun-dried tomato spaghetti with lemon garlic sauce with parsley and serve with hot toast.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.