The main ingredients of daiquiri are rum, lime juice and sugar. But there are many, many versions of this cocktail drink and the lime juice is sometimes substituted with other sour ingredients. Like strawberries.
If daiquiri is served with pulverized ice, as what happens when you dump all the ingredients with ice in a blender and process everything, it is called a frozen daiquiri.
This is Speedy’s frozen strawberry daiquiri, based on a recipe from Food Network, and made with fresh strawberries, local rum, lime juice cordial and Triple Sec. It’s one of the best cocktail drinks he has mixed and I love it!
Start by wetting the rim of a margarita glass with lime juice. Place some sugar on a saucer and dip the wet glass rim in the sugar.
- crushed ice
- 2 parts white rum
- 1 part Triple Sec
- 1 part fresh strawberries trimmed
- Lime juice cordial to taste
- whole strawberries for garnish
- Place all the ingredients in the blender, puree and pour into glasses.
- Pierce the whole strawberries with wooden toothpicks and place a strawberry in each glass.
- Serve the frozen strawberry daiquiri at once.
If you made this dish using our recipe and would like to publish your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the recipe instructions in your own words.