Sam had been bugging me to bake dessert but, as much as I want to humor her, I’d rather not in this heat. I’ve baked a batch of granola bars for her a few days ago, I will again probably tomorrow or later today, but a cake or cupcakes or cookies? Oh, no, no, no, no. Not until the terrible heat and humidity let up for at least a day.
She’s still asleep as I write this, if she asks for dessert after her meal, I’ll offer to make her a glass of this delicious fresh sliced bananas with honey-yogurt dressing and toasted coconut that Speedy and I had after our lunch.
Three layers of sliced bananas with yogurt, honey and toasted desiccated coconut in between. And on top too! So refreshing with the interplay of tangy yogurt, sweet-sticky honey and the nutty flavor and texture of toasted desiccated coconut. It isn’t something that can be prepared ahead of time but since it takes less than five minutes to prepare it, it won’t be any problem making it again should Sam want to try it. She’s not really a fan of bananas but she finds picture-pretty desserts irresistible.
Fresh sliced bananas with honey-yogurt dressing and toasted coconutPrint Pin
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 6 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 bananas sliced into rings
- Over medium heat, toast the desiccated coconut in an oil-free pan until lightly browned.
- Stir together the yogurt and honey.
- Divide the banana rings into three portions.
- Line the bottom of a dessert glass with one portion of the banana rings. Spoon a third of the yogurt-honey mixture on top followed by a third of the toasted desiccated coconut. Repeat to make three layers.
- Serve at once.
If you want a similar dessert with chocolate, see the equally delicious no-cook banana, yogurt and chocolate dessert.