Feeling a bit under the weather? These drastic changes in the weather and temperature are more than enough to make anyone’s body chemistry run amuck. If you feel you need something comforting, try this chicken, corn and macaroni soup. Chunky, creamy with herby undertones.
I had chicken fillets marinating in the fridge for a couple of days intending to grill them but the incessant rains wrote outdoor grilling out of the picture. Instead, I made a soup that was just perfect for a rainy day.
Creamy Chicken, Corn and Macaroni SoupPrint Pin
- Cook the macaroni per package directions, undercooking the pasta for about three minutes. Drain.
- While the pasta cooks, cut the chicken fillets into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Roughly chop the onion.
- Heat the butter in a large thick-bottomed pot. Add the chopped onion and cook gently until softened and translucent, about five to seven minutes over medium heat.
- Turn up the heat. Add the chicken cubes and cook until the meat changes color.
- Pour in the broth. If the broth is not seasoned or under-seasoned, add salt.
- Add the corn.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta. Simmer for another five minutes. Adjust the seasonings, if needed.
- Turn up the heat. Pour in the cream and milk. Stir in the parsley. When the soup starts to boil, turn off the heat.
- Leave the soup for about ten minutes, loosely covered, to allow the macaroni to absorb the flavors and seasonings and to turn soft in the residual heat.
- Serve the creamy chicken, corn and macaroni soup hot with some good crusty bread on the side.
If you made this dish using our recipe and would like to publish your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the recipe instructions in your own words.