It is a sandwich. The fillings are cream cheese frosting and mango jam. But I took a photo of it like this so that anyone looking at it can see what the fillings are exactly. Had I spread the cream cheese frosting and mango jam on a slice of bread and topped it with another slice of bread, it would be a little difficult to appreciate just how gorgeous this breakfast sandwich is.
Any kind of bread will do and, if you’re a believer in the saying that butter makes everything better, you can optionally smother the bread slices with butter before assembling the sandwich.
Cream cheese and mango jam breakfast sandwich
- 1/4 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cream chilled (please read this before asking what brand of cream)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 8 slices bread (you may remove the crusts, or not)
- butter (optional)
- 4 tablespoons mango jam
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Whip the cream with the powdered sugar until double in volume.
- Stir in the cream cheese until smooth. Keep in a covered container in the fridge.
- Toast the bread slices on both sides. Optionally, brush with softened butter after toasting.
- Take the cream cheese frosting out of the fridge and assemble the sandwiches.
- Spread cream cheese frosting on four slices of bread. Spread mango jam on the remaining four slices. Pair the bread slices so that each sandwich gets a slice with cream cheese frosting and another slice with mango jam.