It is a sandwich. The fillings are cream cheese frosting and mango jam. But I took a photo of it like this so that anyone looking at it can see what the fillings are exactly. Had I spread the cream cheese frosting and mango jam on a slice of bread and topped it with another slice of bread, it would be a little difficult to appreciate just how gorgeous this breakfast sandwich is.
Any kind of bread will do and, if you’re a believer in the saying that butter makes everything better, you can optionally smother the bread slices with butter before assembling the sandwich.
Cream cheese and mango jam breakfast sandwichPrint Pin
- 1/4 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cream chilled (please read this before asking what brand of cream)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 8 slices bread (you may remove the crusts, or not)
- butter (optional)
- 4 tablespoons mango jam
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Whip the cream with the powdered sugar until double in volume.
- Stir in the cream cheese until smooth. Keep in a covered container in the fridge.
- Toast the bread slices on both sides. Optionally, brush with softened butter after toasting.
- Take the cream cheese frosting out of the fridge and assemble the sandwiches.
- Spread cream cheese frosting on four slices of bread. Spread mango jam on the remaining four slices. Pair the bread slices so that each sandwich gets a slice with cream cheese frosting and another slice with mango jam.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.