We don’t do Thanksgiving in the Philippines but many Filipinos who now consider America as their home love the turkey tradition (I have a lot of relatives and friends in the U.S.). I can’t help you with the turkey or the cranberry sauce and all those traditional accompaniments, but I do have a lot of ideas for the coffee that you will serve after demolishing your scrumptious turkey dinner. This cinnamon and spiced rum coffee, for instance, may just be the perfect ending to the ultra rich turkey dinner.
Cinnamon and spiced rum? Oh, yes. And I mean cinnamon that you’d usually use to make cinnamon rolls. Every grocery sells it.
And the spiced rum? We love Captain Morgan here at home.
But… but that’s iced coffee! Sure, it is. But the alcohol in it will warm you up rather than give you a chill. And the flavors are just fantastic.
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- Pour the coffee into a mug. While the coffee is hot, stir in the ground cinnamon. Cool a bit.
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and cream.
- Stir in the spiced rum and amaretto into the coffee-cinnamon mixture. Add ice.
- Pour the milk-cream mixture slowly into the coffee.
- Serve at once.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
See more coffee and coffee cocktail ideas.
My personal recommendations:
Cafe dulce de leche macchiato
Chocolate and coffee cocktail. Hot and spicy. Served with ice.
Chocolate and amaretto coffee
Ice cream coffee with cherry brandy
Creamy butterscotch coffee
Black Forest Coffee With Cherry Brandy