Chosilog (Chorizo, Garlic Fried Rice and Egg)
- Slice the chorizos into rings.
- In an oil free pan, fry both sides of the chorizo slices until lightly browned along the edges and a pool of fat has formed around them.
- Scoop out the chorizo slices and set aside.
- Measure the required amount of rendered fat (you may store the rest, if any, in a jar in the fridge) and reheat.
- Over medium heat, saute the chopped onion with the oregano until the onion bits appear translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and continue sauteeing for half a minute.
- Add the rice and toss quickly.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, if using, and sprinkle in salt and pepper (see notes after the recipe).
- Cook, tossing the rice around, until heated through.
- Add the chorizo slices to the rice and cook for another half a minute.
- Taste the rice and adjust the seasonings, as needed.
- To serve, place the fried eggs on plates and ladle the chorizo fried rice on the side. Optionally, sprinkle with torn cilantro before serving.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.