Cut leftover blondies (brownies will work too) into small pieces, drop into a glass, add banana slices, pour in toffee, drizzle in some chocolate then top with whipped cream. This no-cook chocolate, toffee and banana dessert makes a quick but impressive holiday dessert.
Before Speedy could gobble up all the blondies that I baked the other day, I thought I’d get creative with the few remaining pieces. I checked what else we had — we had bananas, we had everything for making toffee, we had chocolate and we had whipped cream. I had an idea. And this chocolate, toffee and banana dessert was born. While eating his share, I asked Speedy how it was and he told me not to disturb him because he was eating. Ha ha.
If you’ve got all the ingredients, preparing this oh-so-good dessert takes no more than ten minutes. Seriously.
Chocolate, Toffee and Banana DessertPrint Pin
To complete the dessert:
- 6 ounces dark chocolate broken into small pieces
- 4 pieces 2-inch square brownies or blondies any variety
- 2 ripe bananas
- 6 tablespoons toffee warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Make the toffee. Place the sugar, honey and butter in a pan. Set over medium-high heat and cook until the sugar melts completely. Stir to make a smooth mixture.
- Pour in the cream. Stir to combine. Heat until bubbles form along the edges. Turn off the heat.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Alternatively, melt in the microwave at MEDIUM for about two minutes. The chocolate pieces won’t look melted after two minutes in the microwave but they will be soft enough to stir to make a gooey syrup.
- Cut the brownies into half-inch cubes.
- Slice the bananas.
- Spoon three tablespoonfuls of toffee into each of two bowls (or wine glasses or martini glasses).
- Drop in the brownies.
- Add the sliced bananas.
- Pour in the melted chocolate, dividing it evenly between the two bowls or glasses.
- Top with whipped cream sprinkled with cocoa powder.