Ah, the magic of sour cream. And if that’s too sinful for you and you worry about clogged arteries, substitute yogurt and the result is just as good.
This chicken in sour cream dish is so good that you’ll want to dip pieces of bread in the sauce until your plate is quite dry.
The yield from the following recipe serves 6 to 8 persons.
- 12 large boneless skinless chicken thighs about a kilo and a half, cut into quarters
- 4 large potatoes peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 to 2 carrots peeled and cut into wedges (smaller than the carrot wedges)
- 1 large white onion peeled and cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup frozen sweet peas thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- finely chopped parsley for garnish
- Place the chicken in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a large, wide cooking pan (I used a wok). When hot, add the potatoes and fry over high heat until the edges start to brown. Don’t worry if the edges appear too brown at this point — the sour cream will take care of that so don’t sweat it unless you really burned them.
- Add the chicken and continue frying until the edges of the chicken start to brown.
- Add the carrots and onion wedges. Fry for a minute longer.
- Add the peas. Pour in the sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.