When you have leftover rotisserie chicken, you can recycle it into something else. You can make a tasty and filling rotisserie chicken salad or you can make this equally tasty chicken and asparagus fried rice.
We were having longganisa (native sausage) for lunch but I was worried about the leftover roast chicken going to waste. The thing is, the leftover chicken could have only fed one person and there were three people for lunch today. So I made good use of the chicken by stretching it.
The meat from half a chicken breast was all the meat that this fried rice needed.
Chicken and Asparagus Fried Rice
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or frying pan. Pour in the beaten eggs and cook until just set but still wet at the center. Scoop out with a spatula and transfer to a chopping board.
- In the remaining oil, add the chopped chicken and cut asparagus. Cook over high heat, stirring, for about 30 seconds (asparagus cooks really fast and the chicken is already cooked and just needs to be reheated).
- Add the rice. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the rice is heated through.
- Meanwhile, roll the cooked eggs and slice finely.
- Turn off the heat, add the eggs and garlic. Toss to distribute evenly.
- Serve the chicken and asparagus fried rice while hot.