Speedy saw campfire cones
featured on some TV show on Facebook, he was immediately smitten and, less than twenty-four hours later, he had all the ingredients for making them.
What are campfire cones? Sugar cones with the insides slathered with peanut butter, layered with chocolate, filled with mini marshmallows, bananas and more chocolate, wrapped in foil then roasted in the campfire. Of course, Speedy didn’t build a campfire to make the campfire cones — he used the turbo broiler.
Campfire Cones (Without the Campfire)Print Pin
- 6 sugar cones
- 6 teaspoons smooth peanut butter (i.e., not chunky)
- mini dark chocolate morsels (or chopped or shaved chocolate if what you have are blocks rather than morsels), as much as you like or as much as you can stuff into the cones
- 2 to 3 ripe bananas cut into half inch cubes
- 1 cup mini-marshmallows
- Preheat the turbo broiler (or the oven) to 400F.
- Coat the inside of each sugar cone with peanut butter.
- Dump the chocolate into the cones then invert to tap out what doesn’t stick on the peanut butter.
- Fill the cones with mini marshmallows and bananas. Add more chocolate.
- Wrap each cone in foil. Roast at 400F for two to three minutes.
- Unwrap carefully and enjoy!