We love potatoes and we especially love them fried. That sounds like “French fries” but there are many ways to serve fried potatoes other than as a side dish to a fast food meal.
In this lacto-vegetarian recipe, potato wedges were fried in butter just until the edges were lightly browned. Fresh oyster mushrooms and baby spinach were added. Finally, yogurt was poured in to create a rich and creamy sauce.
The dish can be made vegan by substituting any plant-based oil for the butter. It won’t taste and look the same because butter gives vegetables such an incomparable deliciousness and richer color.
Butter-fried potatoes, oyster mushrooms and baby spinach with yogurtPrint Pin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium potato peeled and cut into wedges
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 to 10 oyster mushrooms root ends discarded
- large handful baby spinach rinsed well
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup yogurt (depending on how much you want)
- Heat the butter over medium setting. Add the potatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until the edges are lightly browned. Add the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the oyster mushrooms and spinach. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the yogurt. Stir. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Turn down the heat to low. Cover the pan and cook for five to ten minutes or just until the potatoes are cooked through.