Discovering a pack of gelatin in the pantry yesterday, I sent the house helper to the market to buy six coconuts so I could make buko pandan for dessert. I reminded her to make sure to bring home the coconut juice as well. The buko pandan has been appreciatively consumed but the coconut juice stayed in the freezer overnight.
Now, I also happened to have some fresh strawberries in the fridge. I had been planning on making strawberry milkshake, then, I thought about the coconut juice. As of this afternoon, it was in a semi frozen state — perfect for making shakes. Milkshake is common — how about combining the coconut juice with the strawberries? The result was amazingly delicious. Not as rich and thick as a milkshake but light and refreshing — just perfect for an afternoon drink.
- about 150 g. of fresh strawberries
- semi-frozen coconut water
- very cold coconut water
- 1/3 c. of sugar
- Trim the strawberries. Cut them into halves or quarters if they are rather large.
- Place them in the blender and add the frozen coconut juice.
- Pour in enough liquid coconut juice to about two inches from the brim.
- Add the and run the blender on high until the mixture is smooth.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.