Discovering a pack of gelatin in the pantry yesterday, I sent the house helper to the market to buy six coconuts so I could make buko pandan for dessert. I reminded her to make sure to bring home the coconut juice as well. The buko pandan has been appreciatively consumed but the coconut juice stayed in the freezer overnight.
Now, I also happened to have some fresh strawberries in the fridge. I had been planning on making strawberry milkshake, then, I thought about the coconut juice. As of this afternoon, it was in a semi frozen state — perfect for making shakes. Milkshake is common — how about combining the coconut juice with the strawberries? The result was amazingly delicious. Not as rich and thick as a milkshake but light and refreshing — just perfect for an afternoon drink.
Buko (coconut) water and strawberries smoothiePrint Pin
- about 150 g. of fresh strawberries
- semi-frozen coconut water
- very cold coconut water
- 1/3 c. of sugar
- Trim the strawberries. Cut them into halves or quarters if they are rather large.
- Place them in the blender and add the frozen coconut juice.
- Pour in enough liquid coconut juice to about two inches from the brim.
- Add the and run the blender on high until the mixture is smooth.