Summer is here and it’s grilling season once again. Here is a recipe for chicken and an accompanying side dish of potatoes and pearl onions that can be cooked in an outdoor grill or in a convection oven including a turbo broiler. Preparation takes little time and is practically mess-free. Clean-up is a breeze too as very few cooking utensils are needed.
The chicken is spicy but still child-friendly. The potatoes and pearl onion side dish is a dream.
- 4 chicken leg quarters a total of 1 kg.
For the seasoning:
- 8 cloves garlic peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients and rub on the chicken leg quarters. Place the chicken in a covered container and leave in the fridge to absorb the flavors for at least six hours.
- In a bowl, toss together all the ingredients for the side dish.
- To cook, arrange the chicken leg quarters on a rack. Spread the vegetables in a heat-proof tray then position the tray underneath the chicken. Cook at the same time so that the drippings from the chicken fall directly into the vegetables. They’re all done in 30 minutes or so.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.