Before Speedy could gobble up all the fruity, nutty blondies that I baked the other day, I thought I’d get creative with the few remaining pieces. I checked what else we had, we had bananas, we had everything for making toffee, we had chocolate and we had whipped cream. I had an idea. And this blondies, bananas, caramel, chocolate and cream dessert was born. While eating his share, I asked Speedy how it was and he told me not to disturb him because he was eating. Ha ha.
If you’ve got all the ingredients, preparing this oh-so-good dessert takes no more than ten minutes. Seriously.
Blondies, bananas, toffee, chocolate and cream dessert
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Alternatively, melt in the microwave at MEDIUM for about two minutes. The chocolate pieces won’t look melted after two minutes in the microwave but they will be soft enough to stir to make a gooey syrup.
- Cut the brownies into half-inch cubes.
- Slice the bananas.
- Spoon three tablespoonfuls of toffee into each of two bowls (or wine glasses or martini glasses).
- Drop in the brownies.
- Add the sliced bananas.
- Pour in the melted chocolate, dividing it evenly between the two bowls or glasses.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder.