Over the weekend when the girls were home, Speedy and I went to the supermarket while they were still asleep. There were so many shoppers and the queue was so long that it was almost lunch time when we got back. Not exactly the time to cook anything fancy, so, I made this beef and vegetables with sour cream.
I’m very much into one-pot dishes these days. Convenient, less utensils to wash and, ergo, less water consumption. This beef and vegetables in sour cream is a one-pot dish. And it took less than an hour to cook.
Beef and vegetables with sour creamPrint Pin
- 500 grams stewing beef cut into very thin strips
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 carrot
- 1 potato
- kernels from 1 sweet yellow corn see tip on cutting corn off the cob or about 3/4 c. of canned corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup sweet peas thawed if frozen
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the beef strips and cook over high heat until lightly browned. Add the chopped onion. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes or until the onion bits start to soften. Pour in about a cup and a half of water (broth would be better if you have any). Bring to the boil then lower the heat, cover and simmer for 40 to 50 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before the beef is done, prepare the vegetables. Peel the carrot and potato. Cut them into half-inch cubes. Add to the beef. Simmer for five minutes. Add the peas and corn kernels. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes or so.
- Finally, pour in the sour cream. Stir. Allow to return to a simmer. Turn off the heat. Adjust the seasonings. Stir in the parsley. Serve the beef and vegetables with sour cream hot.
If you made this dish using our recipe and would like to publish your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the recipe instructions in your own words.