After mixing Ina Garten’s version of the most complex drink in the world, Speedy shifted to a cocktail drink that uncomplicated as it is sweet. I’m talking about daiquiri. We’ve had daiquiri with strawberries, kiwis and even canned peaches… why not bananas? The result is banana daiquiri with the color of a sunny summer day. Mama mia, it’s refreshingly delicious!
As with previous daiquiri recipes, this banana daiquiri contains fresh fruit. Daiquiri just doesn’t taste right when made with fruit juice instead of pureed whole fruits. You’ll need a blender come up with a smooth yet thickish drink.
Based on a recipe from Drinks Mixer.
- 3 ounces light rum - (meaning clear, as opposed to amber colored rum)
- 2 tablespoons Triple Sec
- 2 large ripe bananas - diced
- 3 ounces lime juice cordial
- 2 teaspoons sugar - (or, to taste)
- Place all the ingredients in the blender together with about six ice cubes.
- Process on low speed to break up the bananas and ice into small pieces.
- Turn up the speed to high and continue processing until the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Pour into glasses and serve the banana daiquiri at once.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.