Cook the bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place a rack over a tray and arrange the bacon slices on the rack in a single layer (see notes after the recipe).
- Cook the bacon in the oven until crisp.
- Take the bacon out of the oven and leave on the rack to rest.
Cook the egg and fried rice
- Pour the bacon fat that collected in the tray into a frying pan and heat.
- Fry the eggs with pinches of salt in the bacon fat.
- Pour off the fat leaving only a tablespoonful.
- Over low heat, cook the garlic in the bacon fat until browned.
- Stir in the herbs, rice, salt and pepper.
- Turn up the heat and stir fry the rice until heated through.
- Taste the rice, add salt if needed, and toss thoroughly.
Serve your baconsilog
- Ladle rice on plates.
- Arrange the crispy bacon and fried eggs on the side.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.